Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Day 37: Edinburgh to London + WICKED

This morning we got up decently early and headed to the bus stop to head back to the airport. Our flight was out around 10 a.m. and we arrived around lunchtime. Upon arrival, we bused from the airport to the tube station, where we bought our oyster cards to use for the rest of the time there. The tube is essentially the metro, where they constantly remind you to "mind the gap." And when I say constantly, I mean constantly.
After a couple quick rides, we made it to our hostel, where we saw a couple other groups who were staying there as well. In London, we stayed at Wombats hostel, which was a brand new place, very much geared to people our age. The rooms were very nice and clean, and no weird smells, so we were all very satisfied. Once we got settled in the room, we got ready to head out to dinner and then to go see Wicked at the Apollo Victoria Theater. We met up with my roommate and her group for dinner at a Thai place, where Sheley and I split the 3-course theater meal deal. Once we finished dinner, we realized we were not in fact near the theater and ended up running frantically through the tube trying to get to the show on time. I missed the very opening, but made it to my seat without missing anything important.

Wicked was, without a doubt, one of the best things I've ever experienced. While I had seen the show before, being in London seeing it was spectacular. After the show, Sheley and I broke off from the group and took on the tube by ourselves for the first time. Surprisingly enough, it went smooth and we got back to the hostel and went to sleep quite smoothly.


No comments:

Post a Comment