Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Day 1: Leaving 'merica

After preparing for what felt like a century, and the struggle of fitting my life for 107 days in just a suitcase and two backpacks, it was finally time to begin my journey to Europe. With this being my first flight (ever), nerves were most definitely taking over, but with the help of Sheley and another friend Jess who I met at the airport, I was more than ready to go. As we went through security, I also got to meet another girl (another Morgan, in fact) who would be joining us on our trip, as well. The four of us all made it through security with a breeze and quickly found the rest of the group waiting to board. Upon boarding, I grabbed snacks (as suggested by my grandfather) and anxiously waited until 5:45 came around and it was time to get on the plane. First sight of a plane was overwhelming, but I soon found my seat, the middle of the middle, between two girls joining me on my trip abroad: Colleen and Jackie. With the help of some other girls, I found room for my carry-on and got settled in my seat. The flight was slightly delayed to some plane maintenance check issues (which didn't help the nerves), but before we knew it, we were off, and the nerves quickly disappeared and the excitement settled in. I was on my way to Europe, and that was a pretty amazing feeling. While the limited leg room and somewhat flavorless airplane food wasn't my most glorious of life experiences, I was able to pass the time on the flight watching movies and napping as I could. Before I knew it, the flight attendants were serving us breakfast and I realized in the blink of an eye, day 1 of my trip had already passed, and I was getting closer and closer to Switzerland with every passing second.

No comments:

Post a Comment