Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Day 88: Czechin' Prague out

Today we woke up and had our free hostel breakfast and then headed out for the day. Although we nearly missed it, we jumped onto a sandman's tour just in time being done by a really, tall, dorky, and hilarious guide who wasn't Czech but knew everything we could possibly want to know about it. As every walking tour, we got to hear about fun facts and see all the main monuments throughout the city.
After the tour, we headed to the Easter markets throughout the main square, where I bought some souvenirs and Sheley and I tried the most delicious chips I've ever had in my life. We then headed back to the hostel to get ready for dinner where we would be meeting up with the other girls (Jackie, Kate, Erin, Halee, and Colleen) at a Mexican restaurant recommended to us by Kellsie and Leighton called Agave. There, we all took advantage of happy hour with their margaritas and I also tried the cucumber mint julep, which was very good as well.
For dinner, I ordered the bean burrito with a side of guacamole and it was by far the best burrito I've ever had (and I've had lots of burritos..). After hanging out there for a while, we all headed to the square to meet for our pub crawl.
This pub crawl in Prague is known to be one of the largest in the world, and that it was. There were several groups going around that night, and just in our group alone, there were over 100 people. The first bar consisted of unlimited beer, wine, vodka shots and absinthe shots. It was my first time (and now my last) with absinthe. While it was cool to say I'd had it, it made my stomach angry for the rest of the evening.
On the pub crawl, we went to several different clubs, ending in the largest club in central Europe. It had six floors, each floor consisting of a different theme of music (dance, hip-hop, 80s, etc.) We all had a blast and left around 2. On the way home, some of the girls stopped and got doner and such from the place across the street, and then Alle, Amy and I caught a taxi back because we were didn't want to walk. We then headed to bed with the other girls coming home soon after us.





No comments:

Post a Comment