Thursday, April 2, 2015

Day 82: Food Truck Festivals are my new fave.

Today we got up, checked out of the hostel and headed to try and see the inside of the Pantheon, but unfortunately it was closed again. So we headed back to the metro and there we randomly found Rachel who gave us directions she had gotten from a lady at the train station on how to find the food truck festival our friend from the pub crawl had told us to check out. We eventually found it and were blown away by how cool it was. Obviously were were some of the very few tourists there, which was a nice change from the past couple days.
We walked around for a bit and eventually I tried to try a stations "Fish & Chips" which was calamari and fries that I was a little skeptical about because it came with no sauce, but it didn't need it at all. Sheley and I then tried to fried olives that seemed to be a huge thing at the festival, but we realized they had meat in the them so I ended up just eating them all myself... oops. As we were leaving, we stopped at a gelato place where we got huge waffle cones with strawberries, gelato, and whipped cream... and I loved every single bite. Once we left, we headed back to the hostel and just hung out before heading to the train station. We then trained from Rome to Milan and then to Lugano. Once we got back, I unpacked, did some homework, facetimed mom, and then headed to bed.




No comments:

Post a Comment